At Eupraxia, we dream of a world where we can make a difference to patients and their families. Of a workplace that inspires innovation and fosters work/life balance. Where creative people roll up their sleeves to solve the problems that really matter and transform the impossible into the inevitable.
We look for professional like-minded individuals that are willing to bring something new to our team. If you are interested in joining us, send an email to careers at eupraxiapharma.com.
Current career opportunities:
Eupraxia Pharmaceuticals is developing novel drug products that enable us to modulate drug release with precision. This ability allows us to tailor the profiles of proven drugs to improve safety, duration and efficacy. Our technology encapsulates pharmaceuticals microparticles in a customizable polymer shell that can extend release from days to months. We are actively advancing a portfolio of drug candidates in the areas of osteoarthritis, post-surgical pain and anti-infectives.
We are seeking a highly motivated Assistant Controller to join our team. This position reports to the Director of Finance and is responsible for assisting the finance department to complete their monthly, quarterly and annual objectives.
- Manage/support day-to-day operational accounting (including AP, AR, Bank, Purchase Order, and GST/HST return filings)
- Ensure all key balance sheet account schedules, including but not limited to: bank reconciliations, prepaid, fixed assets, deferrals, and intercompany transactions, are properly maintained, updated, and reconciled on a monthly basis
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Participate in preparing year-end audited financial statements and working papers for external auditors
- Respond to inquiries from management regarding financial results and special reporting requests (assist in analyzing financial information and summarizing financial status/results)
- Assist the Director of Finance with developing and documenting business processes, accounting policies, and efficiencies to maintain and strengthen the accounting system and internal controls
- Assist with various ad hoc and special projects
- A related Bachelor’s Degree, and in possession or pursuit of an accounting designation
- Minimum 5 years of full-cycle accounting experience, preferably in an IFRS environment.
- Experience working for a life sciences company would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and AccPac
- A solid work ethic with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
How to Apply:
- Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com .
- While only short listed candidates will be notified, we thank each applicant for their submission.
Data Management/Operations Associate
The Data Management/Operations Associate will organize and maintain our scientific data into a user friendly system,
procurement of lab equipment and supplies, shipping and receiving of materials when required, and provide support to
scientific staff at our Vancouver facility.
Develop a user friendly database for our scientific data from multiple programs
Manage the scientific data files both electronically and hard copies
Be responsible for ordering equipment and lab supplies for our Vancouver Lab
Tracking of equipment calibration and maintenance information
The Shipping and Receiving of materials to and from Vancouver Lab which will include international shipments,
and maintaining records
Development of a supply chain management system
Tracking of key project milestones and deliverables for our products in various stages of development
Administrative and technical support of our scientific team members when required
Occasional travel to Victoria office for meetings and corporate events
Minimum Bachelors of Science in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biological Sciences
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a laboratory setting
Experience with supply chain management an asset
Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry is an asset
Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Strong organization and decision making abilities
Strong attention to detail
Self motivated and willing to take on diverse responsibilities
Strong interpersonal skills and communication abilities
Experience with international shipping an asset
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While only short-listed candidates will be notified, we thank each applicant for their submission